What is the GCCF?
The GCCF was established as an independent body in 1910, formed from the three or four cat clubs who were registering cats at that time. In 2011 the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in order to secure its future appropriately with the Clubs becoming members of the company. The GCCF only exists through the dedication and support of its volunteers for more than 100 years. These volunteers run the member clubs and form the various committees that operate the GCCF.